NY Gov. Cuomo: Sandy won’t double deficit (TimesUnion)

December 10, 2012 – Gov. Andrew Cuomo walked back a prediction from earlier this month that Superstorm Sandy would double the deficit in next year’s state budget, which the Democratic governor said remains around $1 billion. “We had a billion-dollar deficit going in, and we’re still about there,” Cuomo said during an interview on WGDJ Talk 1300. “If there’s going to be an effect from the storm that’s significant, we don’t have any good data yet that would suggest that.” On Nov. 8, Cuomo said the storm would cause “an additional $1 billion deficit on the state side, maybe higher.”

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s